Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

johannlubbe

Unexpected error upon launcing Dekstop BI

Hi, the following message appears as  soon as I launch the app: "Input string was not in a correct format"

I have a 64-bit OS. I have downloaded bot .exe files and both gives this message. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@johannlubbe

What's your data source in this .pbix file? Have you updated your Power BI Desktop into latest version?

If it's Excel file with Power View sheet, please delete the Power View Sheet and import again. See: Input string was not in the correct format

If it still does't solve the problem, I suggest you create a support ticket.

Regards,

I also have this problem and I have no gateway installed. How do I resolve this?

Hi Simon, not sure what you refer to a data source and .pbix file? I ahve downloaded the lasets .exe files for the desktop versions.

@johannlubbe

Try to uninstall or stop the Enterprise Gateway Windows Service and run Power BI Desktop as administrator to see if it can lanuch.

Where do I go to stope Enterprise Gateway Windows Service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.