Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sbahugu2
Helper I
Helper I

Unexpected error and report can not be opened

I am facing Frown (Error)  Unexpected error issue when trying opeing my report.

ALthough last time closing of report was fine and there was no issue.

How to open the report as Power Bi does not provide any option how to correct the error and close it.

Stack Trace:
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.DecodeBlock(Boolean& end_of_block_code_seen)
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Decode()
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
   at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at MS.Internal.IO.Packaging.CompressStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ProgressiveCrcCalculatingStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipIOModeEnforcingStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
   at Microsof

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sbahugu2,

Does the error occur when you open the specific PBIX file or all the PBIX files? What operations do you take in the PBIX file last time ? If the issue occurs only with a PBIX file. I would recommend you check if the PBIX file is corrupted. You can create a zip file of the PBIX file and check if there are any corrupted files in the zip folder.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Lydia

Below are two different cases I am facing the issue.

Case 1#: I have created a PBIX file in June version. That was working fine until I upgraded my Power BI desktop  to July release (2.37.4464.602 64-bit). After installation of pbix latest version I am not able to open the pbix file although last time saving of file was successful and there was no error.  

Case 2#: I have created a power BI report and while refreshing it started showing unexpected error and never refreshed the data. I have closed the report and not able to open that report any more. 

I renamed the report to zip and tried to extract I got error on file DataMashup.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Window Title]
WinZip

[Main Instruction]
******* DataMashup: Invalid compressed data to extract.

[OK]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There were no other steps I had performed Opend the report in previous version of Power BI desktop and everything was working fine. I was getting update notification so I closed power BI( without any error in closing the opened report) and updated the latest version. After this when I tried opening the report I am facing issue.And this issue is in 3 different reports

Hi @sbahugu2,

What is the result when you use other tools such as WINRAR or 7-zip?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia thanks,

I dont have other softwares installed on my machine. Also it would not be possible to install these in Office machine. Will try in some other machine and share with you.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Turn on Tracing, File | Options and settings | Options | Diagnostics and try to open the report. When you get the error, send a frown using the smiley icon above the ribbon, it will send a screen shot, trace logs, etc. to support.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hello Thanks smoupre ,

I have submitted as per suggestions.

Will post if I get the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.