Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alicia_pbi
Employee
Employee

Unexpected error; Evaluation was canceled

Hello,

For 3 months I have been plagued by the error "Unexpected error: Evaluation was canceled".  This costs me between 2-4 hours in an 8 hour workday going through each query selecting the query and selecting refresh preview.

-This happens in multiple data sources including Analysis Services, SQL, and Excel

-I have cleared the permissions with no luck

-I have 20+ queries in the Query Editor and none of them can be removed;they are all essential to the model

-My PBI models range from 8KB-169,000KB in size

-I am not able to provide a sample file to replicate the data but rest assured I have the issue at least 10+ PBI desktop files

-I am working on the PBI Desktop; I am not really interested in building on the web because I feel like this is a separate issue

-I have updated the settings to not download background data and I have also disableed the parallel loading of tables

-I have cleared the cache

-I have disabled the load of queries that are needed in the query editor but are not needed in the model

Is there anyone out there that can save me from the wasted time of clicking through each query just to get a query to refresh (keeping in mind the query refreshed completely in less than 5 minutes as of December 2019).

Appreciate any specific steps that I have not detailed above 🙂 

19 REPLIES 19

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.