Regular Visitor

Unexpected error: Evaluation was canceled

Hi,

I have always have this error message "Unexpected error: Evaluation was canceled." when I refreshed my queries. Sometimes I have to go applied steps to click on each steps for the refresh process. There were also times that the data had been refreshed earlier in the query, but after sometime it will repeat the refresh automatically without me doing any changes or new query to the table. This refresh processes consumed few hours. Is there any way that I can do to shorten the refresh time or avoid the same table being refreshed from time to time as my table only update once a week.

Re: Unexpected error: Evaluation was canceled

Power BI Desktop Pro version Evaluation period is 60 days.  i think it passes that the reason you are getting this message. Thanks 

Regular Visitor

@zlokesh

Sorry, I didn't get you. Can you explain it in more detail?

Hi @wyin,

I mean Trial Version(for 60 days period).

When you installed PowerBi ; from that day 60 days period gone.

Regular Visitor

@zlokesh, i'm using power bi desktop, which i always thought that it is free, am i right?

@wyin You are absolutely right.

Highlighted
Community Support Team

@wyin,

You may try setting File > Options and settings > Options > GLOBAL > Data Load > Clear Cache and take a look at Configure scheduled refresh.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft

I had tried this move before (clear cache). But everytime i did this, i will have to manually rerun some of the queries that already completed earlier. And this had caused me rerun the queries endlessly and consumed lots of my time as my data was huge and it took hours to finish the whole refreshing process. 

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  Sometimes my refresh works perfectly, other times i get this error, then have to manually go through each query, click on the steps and try to get it to work.  One "solution" is to delete text in a step, and then add it back.  Example - Table.SelectRows -> change to Table.SelectRow -> then change back to Table.SelectRows.

THen it does the evaluation.  

BUT THIS IS HIGHLY ANNOYING.. I have 30 queries in my PBi file an have to do this for 7-10 of them each time this problem surfaces.

Regular Visitor

I have just recently started to experience this issue.

any thought from Microsoft? any new insights?