Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Unexpected error; Evaluation was canceled

Hi @alicia_pbi ,

I think we already crossed some comments in another post (about the same issue). To me this started happening exactly with the release of May Update. I couldn't find a solution, not even going to the Query and refreshing one by one would solve it. 

What I did was to download an older version (March in this case) and works normally. I am not sure for how long I can stay with an older version but is the only thing I could do. Meanwhile I just hope that with further updates this issue won't happen again. 

I am emailing with some support of Microsoft and they asked me to write a post here...😓. I will refer them to your post as it's the exact same problem.

If you get any update from your ticket please give us the heads up about it.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. it has started when I refreshed data table and it got suspended for an hour with message "evaluating". I canceled the refresh and tried again, then it worked. but later when I had to update one of the information tables and went to the editor, all queries have this error "evaluation was cacelled" and exclamationmark and I even cannot edit them (the preview is not loaded dueto error). When I press retry button, query gets suspended for hours and I have to cacel  it.

I am not sure how to solve it. queries can be refreshed without opening, but one source had been changed for one of the information tables (added columns) and I need to change a query so it could be refreshed, and it does not work

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Jennie,

Hope you doing well!.

1) Option & Setting - Option - Data Load - Clear cache

2) I have mysql query and it was long and critical query so I updated query and make little bit efficient so now is working very well. 

Sometime database side is not enough space (hit too many cost) then we will get issue. After updating my query working well. 

Best Regards,

Harshal 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @alicia_pbi ,

Did you have any luck with your ticket, did they answer to you?

Sadly this issue is still ongoing for me and I guess many more...

Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I created ticket. Even Microsoft not able to solve this issue. So one report I have to do manual refresh everyday 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @alicia_pbi  , 

I had facing the same issue and I solved this issue in this way: 

1. Go to Transform data;
  2. Go to Data Source settings -> Data source in current file -> Edit premissions;
  3. Edit Credentials and sign in as different user (the same user it was before...) and save and close;
  4. Try to refresh preview and check if the error still appear.

For me this helped.

Lars

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors