Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gazzer
Resolver II
Resolver II

Unexpected Network Error When Saving

Trying to save a Power BI file and getting "Unexpected Network Error". Have tried doing a "save as" and that has failed as well. Tried to local drive as well as to the network. I can save/export to Power BI template, but that is not much use.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
Amanda
Employee
Employee

Hi all! We just released another SU09 update today that has a fix for this issue. If you redownload and update Desktop, you shouldn't see this issue anymore.

Edit: If anyone is still having issues, do reply to me and let me know.

I have issues all the time. Unable to open reports or save reports. Sometimes it will recognize my folders on compan server, sometimes it won't. "Drive is not accessible" - "An unexpected network error occurred."

zhanglei
Frequent Visitor

Hi. It seems to be a general problem.

I also encounter the exact same issue after updating to September release. Raised a frown too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue. Sent a frown. Happens everyday if  I don't save every 30 minutes, or so it seems. Started after updating to September release.

Gazzer
Resolver II
Resolver II

Additional bit of info - I updated to the September release the day before this started happening

@Gazzer,

I am not able to reproduce your issue in Power BI Desktop September release, I would recommend you send a frown with the error message.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same issue here - just updated to the September release.

Highly frustrating as I'm finding myself trying to remember to save every few minutes now...

Edit to say I've sent of the 'frown report'...

Anonymous
Not applicable

just adding my bit, I also had the issue after updating to sep version. Though havent got it again since that day. 

Though I have been receiving the unexpected closures many folds since the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having exactly same error since yesterday.

Initially I was able to save locally on my PC but not anymore.

Not sure what to do with my work 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also having the exact same error since today. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have stumbled into this error.

I get a popup while saving stating...

Unexpected Error

The specified network name is no longer available.

This occurs is I try and save & save as to network and local drives. 

The best solution I currently have is to force shut down the application through Task Manager and hope the Recovered file contains enough of my progress.

Sent Trace messages to MS of error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup working with the same solution, ie force close and get the recovered file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.