Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

timmmmeh

Unexpected Formula Results...

Calculating absenteeism % KPI - using simple calculation as Absenteeism / Expected hours. I see the three members of the associated dimensions correctly.

When we do the inverse of this - Showrate - as "1 - (Absenteeism / Expected Hour)" as a percentage. I see ALL members of the associated dimensions - expressing all the unexpected sites as 100%.  

The logical joins are making seemingly the correct Inner join on the model - I've added filters to ensure that only values where Absenteeism > 0 appear on the visual. I'm not quite sure else how to phrase "what is going on?"

2 REPLIES 2
ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@timmmmeh I would look again more closely to ensure you're filtering out or returning blank in any instances where absenteeism and expected hour are 0 or blank.

You could consider implementing something like:

Showrate =
IF (
    AND ( [Absenteeism] > 0, [Expected Hour] > 0 ),
    1 - DIVIDE ( [Absenteeism], [Expected Hour] )
)

This changes my result set to now have 0% for the sites I don't expect - and the correct values for entities I do expect. 

Even with DAX Studio tracing queries - I'm still not certain this snowflake is returning the right join conditions.

Thanks for the tip though -I appreciate it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.