Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unexpected Error

Hi, I have an unexpected error with Power BI and it will close automatically after this message pop up.  I can't snip the error message as it will just close it very quickly. So here is the message:

Unexpected Error

Exception of type ' System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

I have tried to increase the size of the maximum allowed in power bi, also I try to run the same file in my colleague's computer and it works perfectly. Due to our company's policy, if we have to reinstall the software, we need to contact the service department and it takes days to reinstall it, so I will resintall it if any other solutions can't help with this.

Thanks everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure how it works out, but in the next day, I opened the same file and it works well. 

So I guess, it's not really the porblem of the data size and other things.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure how it works out, but in the next day, I opened the same file and it works well. 

So I guess, it's not really the porblem of the data size and other things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the size of the data model?  How many rows are you bringing into the data model?  Are there any columns that you don't need?  It's likely that your model is too big for your machine to load into memory so that you can navigate it.  

How much RAM do you have?  How much does your colleague have?

Are you running Power BI 64-bit version?  If not, you should be.  Then you're not limited in the size of the data model, only by the memory limitations of your machine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.