Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GiuseppeSica
Regular Visitor

Unexpected Error adding a report page on an empty report

If you delete all pages of a PowerBI Desktop report, you will not able to add pages anymore!

If you try to add a page o move something on a report view, you'll receve an Unexpected error.

This is a "no way" issue.

If you want, try on a new PowerBi Desktop project. Delete all pages and try adding a new one. You won't.

Any solution?

Thanks.

About my PowerBI Deskop: release 2.35.4399.381 64-bit (Italian language)

Giuseppe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@GiuseppeSica, with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, you will be no longer be able to delete all pages which include the default page 1. Please confirm that whether you still have the issue in the new version of Power BI Desktop

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@GiuseppeSica, with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, you will be no longer be able to delete all pages which include the default page 1. Please confirm that whether you still have the issue in the new version of Power BI Desktop

Yes, the bug seemes resolved.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@GiuseppeSica

I can reproduce that problem as well. According to my observation, in the scenario that multiple pages exists, when hovering on either page, a "x" lies on the top right corn of the page tab. When only one page exists, the "x" disappears. So I think the dev team already takes this case into account and just forgets to disable the right click delete option.
Capture.PNG

Thansk for your feedback. 🙂 I will report this internally.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@GiuseppeSica i can reproduce your issue. i would report this bug through send a frown feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.