Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sdarwish

Unexpected Error: Sequence contains no matching element

Hello, 

I get this error when I try to open a file in Power BI desktop:

Unexpected Error: Sequence contains no matching element

Is there any way to solve this problem beside sending feedback to Microsoft?

Regards,

Salar

22 REPLIES 22
MiraNi
Advocate III
Advocate III

Same here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rolling back to Dec 2020 resolved this issue for me

MELLETHY
Frequent Visitor

same error with my Pbix desktop file and this issue also stop my scheduled refresh 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, when trying to repoint an existing pbix report to a different SQL Server, same underlying tables.

JessicaM
Frequent Visitor

I´m having the same error while updating the data... any news about how to solve it?

Thanks

ydanilowicz
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error message when I tried to open a file in Power BI desktop.

Feedback Type: Frown (Error)

Error Message:
Sequence contains no matching element

I already uninstall and reinstall Power PI desktop. But it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Yinan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried logging in as a different user and back in with your desired account?  If you don't have another account, see if someone else can log in for you, log them out, and try your account again.  

Thank you for your suggestion. We tried logging in as a different user and it worked fine for the other user.  Then he started to grant me access to all workspaces as member for this project. But I'm still getting the same error.

What else is missing for me to open up the file from Power BI descktop?

Thanks

Yinan

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sdarwish,

You can upload the pbix file to OneDrive and share the link here.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApYKe40nnrj5hnTiv6GpCumzSXDS

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Sdarwish,

I can reproduce the above error when opening your PBIX file. I am afraid that you need to send a frown email using that button over there.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft,

I have already did that. Thank you for your advise.

Regards,

Salar Darwish

Hi

I had the same issue, and here is what happend:

I work on the same machine with differnet power bi accounts.

The report i tried to open was connected live to a power bi service modle in user a.

i closed the report, opened another one which was associated with user b,

then when i tried to open the report associated with user a, i got this error.

when i opened the report associated with user b, switched account and then opend the other file it worked.

Power bi team- there should really be a more helpful message in this case such as "Cannot sign in to account accont@diomain.com"

and then prompt with a sign in dialog.

Hope it helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tal.  Even though I was logged in as the correct user, switching to my other user account and back to the appropriate one resolved the error.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sdarwish,

Do you encounter the error message when opening a PBIX file in Power BI Desktop? Could you please check if the error goes away by uninstalling Power BI Desktop and reinstalling it? Also make sure you install the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Besides, I will appreciate that if you can share the PBIX file, I will test it in my Desktop.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft 

I’ve been looking into using custom visuals and have been loading the latest available visuals from the site.

I remember that I ran into this issue once last week, but after that the report loaded normally.

Furthermore when I load the file into the online version everything seems to be ok.

So it might have something to do with the custom visuals and I was wondering if I can force Power BI desktop to load the report without loading the custom visuals to test this.

one more thing:

I’ve renamed the .pbix file to .zip, removed all the custom visuals from it, saved it and renamed back to .pbix.

After that I could load the report into Power BI desktop.

Therefore somehow there is/are custom visuals that somehow mess up the report.

How can I share the .pbix file with you?

Thanks!

Sdarwish

I recieve an error when I try to open a file in Power BI:

powerbi.PNG

Are there any ways to solve this problem beside sending feedback to Microsoft.

Regards,

Salar

Anonymous
Not applicable

same...

Same...

Same...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.