Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scussett
Frequent Visitor

Understanding Trends in Monthly Usage Data

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to look at changes in usage data from my customers.  We have a hosted technology platform, and we get reports on how many transactions each customer uses per month.

I have a table broken down by CustomerName, UsageMonth, and BilledTransactions.

Customers can start using in various months, and could cancel (stop using) in any month.  I want to be able to predict who will cancel based on whether or not their usage is declining - either year over year (seasonally adjusted if possible), or if a string of months in a row shows decline over the prior year.  Something similar to an exponentially smoothed model - where we forecast where they should be and then compare that against where they actually fell might work as well.

Does anyone have ways of doing these things?  Are there any guides out there to doing an example in R?

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Scussett,

For your requirement, you'd better create a sample table and list the expected result. You can share your sample table by private message. So that we can post possible solution which is close to the results. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.