cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
wfarm
Frequent Visitor

Underlying error messageThe column 'ID' of the table wasn't found

Hello.  I have a POWER BI Cloud report (Version: 2.67.5404.801 64-bit (March, 2019)) that u tilizes a SharePoint 2013 list, as well as Network Drive EXCEL workbooks.  The dekstop report runs well.  However, when I upload it to The Cloud and try to refresh the data I get the following error:

Underlying error messageThe column 'ID' of the table wasn't found. 

I have no idea why I'm getting this error in The Cloud, but all works well when I refresh the data from the Desktop application.

 

Does nayone know how to resolve the issue?

I have tried different resolutions, but nothing is working so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gpiero
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@wfarm 

Hi,

is it possibile that ID column not found belongs to the file you put on the network drive^

If I can...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gpiero
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor


@wfarm wrote:

........  The dekstop report runs well.  However, when I upload it to The Cloud and try to refresh the data I get the following error:

Underlying error messageThe column 'ID' of the table wasn't found. 

I have no idea why I'm getting this error in The Cloud, but all works well when I refresh the data from the Desktop application.

 

 


@wfarm

reading again your message I understood:

  1. No problem in connection till the refresh was done  by desktop report
  2. At the first upload in the service, during the first refresh you have got the message above.

right?

Regards

If I can...
wfarm
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

 

I'm not sure I understand your questions.

 

1. The ONLY time I get the error is when  refresh the data in The Cloud interface.

*The desktop refresh works fine.

 

2. Not just in the 1st upload.  From what I remember, I used to be able to refresh the data via the service.  But, I don't remember anymore.

 

Thanks,

Bill

gpiero
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@wfarm 

Hi,

is it possibile that ID column not found belongs to the file you put on the network drive^

If I can...

View solution in original post

wfarm
Frequent Visitor

Hi.

 

Good question.

No.  Both of the files that are showing errors are on the SharePoint 2013 Issues Lists.

 

Thanks,
Bill

 

I would suggest if you can the following options (if you are able):

 

1) Delete the table from the source (or create a test table and map to that instead and then recreate it (save first of course) and simpy reload it into Power BI desktop and then upload to cloud. Its possible something became corrupted

 

2) delete the ID column in the source (or map to a test table without the ID column) and test if you are able to upload to the cloud (saving your data in the source first of course). Its possible something else is causing the problem, but the error is only focusing on ID. 

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wfarm 

Is this problem sloved? 
If it is sloved, could you kindly accept it as a solution to close this case?
If not, please let me know.
 
Best Regards
Maggie

Hi Maggie. 

 

No, this is not resolved.  I have no idea why my report is not working anymore. 

I've tried what was suggested in both the error message and the online response in this thread.

Everything I try brings no resolution.

And strangely enough, the report refresh was working fine for about 3 weeks. 

Then, all of the sudden I began getting the error message upon refresh (in The Cloud ONLY). 

***When I refresh from the Desktop application everything is fine and I get no error.

Something in The Cloud settings seems to have changed, but I do not know why or how to diagnose.

what I have right now, however, is a report that I need to be able to use, but cannot.

 

Bill

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wfarm 

According to the error message, you might have some steps that reference the column 'ID' which has been removed or renamed or any other operation when you modified the query.

It could be a step where you renamed, re-ordered columns, changed data types, removed other columns, etc.

 

To slove this, right click on your query then select Advanced editor. Here you can see the name of columns/object used for each step of your query, find the unfound column name and edit it. 

 

Here is a similar thread which you could take as a reference:
Expression.Error: The column '<ColumnTitle>' of the table wasn't found

 

Best Regards
Maggie

 

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.