Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vvummaneni
Regular Visitor

Underlying data export option is not working

Dear Community memebers,

Need you help here!

I am currently facing challenges to export the underlying data from a report (published) altough the correct option to download was selected. I tried to re-publish it but it didn't work!

Appreciate your swift response! Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vvummaneni ,

First, you have to make sure that the "Allow end users to export data with current layout, summarized data and underlying data from the service or ReportServer" option is checked when the report is initially created and uploaded to Power BI Service. If it is not checked at the beginning, it will not work even if you check the option and re-upload it later. In this case, you need to checked that option first and then recreate the report. Delete the original report in the Service and re-upload it again.

Copy and paste a report visualization

Copy Measures Between 2 Power BI PBIX Files

yingyinr_1-1647841835505.png

In addition, see if you have hit any following of the limitations I mentioned in my previous post.

yingyinr_0-1647841796183.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

I just got this same issue, I already checked all shown on the solution but it's still not working. It happens with some visuals on the report not all, until last Friday it was working correctly.

Thanks!

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vvummaneni ,

In addition to check the "Allow end users to export data with current layout, summarized data and underlying data from the service or ReportServer"option mentioned by @amitchandak in Power BI Desktop, please check if the relevant report settings option also have been checked in Power BI Service as shown below.yingyinr_1-1647596406013.png

yingyinr_2-1647596845835.png

In addition, please check if you hit any of the following limitations. You can get the details in this official documentation.

yingyinr_3-1647596883161.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Thanks for the details! The above mentioned settings are already reflecting and I am still facing the issue.

Hi @vvummaneni ,

First, you have to make sure that the "Allow end users to export data with current layout, summarized data and underlying data from the service or ReportServer" option is checked when the report is initially created and uploaded to Power BI Service. If it is not checked at the beginning, it will not work even if you check the option and re-upload it later. In this case, you need to checked that option first and then recreate the report. Delete the original report in the Service and re-upload it again.

Copy and paste a report visualization

Copy Measures Between 2 Power BI PBIX Files

yingyinr_1-1647841835505.png

In addition, see if you have hit any following of the limitations I mentioned in my previous post.

yingyinr_0-1647841796183.png

Best Regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vvummaneni , Make sure you have done setting at report level and published the file

amitchandak_0-1647410461361.png

Hi Amit, to get underlying data, I am sure we need to select second option in export data. Please review and confirm.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.