Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uncloseable popup window when clearing Data Source permissions

I was attempting to clean out some remembered permisisons from my 'Data Source Settings', but when I select a source and click "Clear Permissions", a blank white window pops up, and I am unable to click back unto anything in PBI, or close said popup. Image included for reference (the grey box is covering some private links). The white box you can see appeared after selecting a data source, and I am unable to select anything within the PBI window, including the minimize/close buttons.Uncloseable popup window (white box)Uncloseable popup window (white box)

The only way I have found to exit PBI from here it to open a different window on my taskbar, or force close PBI form Task Manager.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test in the latest version of Power BI Desktop 2.69.5467.2151 ,it worked fine to click "Clear Permissions".

Try to reopen the pbix , and click "Clear Permissions" like you original operation, is the issue occur again? when my computer crashed, I had the white pop-up window appearing sometimes, then it would be ok after restarting the computer or the Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test in the latest version of Power BI Desktop 2.69.5467.2151 ,it worked fine to click "Clear Permissions".

Try to reopen the pbix , and click "Clear Permissions" like you original operation, is the issue occur again? when my computer crashed, I had the white pop-up window appearing sometimes, then it would be ok after restarting the computer or the Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running PBI 2.70.5494.661 64-bit version, and it should have been this same version that I originally experienced the issue on, as I don't think it has updated on the last day.

I logged into a PBI file I'm using, and went into Global permissions for data sources. I removed one permission with no problems, then when I went to remove a second (I have a number of outdated data sources from PBI training), the white window popped up again, and I experienced exactly the same issue.

After that, I followed your advice of restarting my computer, and I was able to remove three data source permissions consecutively without any issue, so that appears to have solved the problem. Thank you @v-xicai !

Currently having this issue with a specific permission / data source. 

I get a white square and the app is frozen and can only be killed from Task Manager.

I can reproduce the issue by trying to delete it again after restarting the app.

How would one log a bug like this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.