Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reymard
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to use OneDrive Business share link to display images in Power BI

Hi Community,

I'm trying to display images that I stored in my OneDrive Business (red down arrow, green up arrow and orange stable arrow)

To do that, I right click on the image -> Share -> Copy link (Anyone with the link can view and edit). Then I copy that url into Power BI Desktop and use it in my formulas.

It work for one image (the red down arrow), but I do exactly the same manipulation for the 2 other images and I got the error icon instead of the actual images.. Is there some sharing options which could be different between my images ?

I'm sure I do exactly the same manipulation so I really don't understand. The only difference that I observe is when I try to open the links in my browser :

- the red down arrow is displayed alone, without any header, etc.

- my two others images are opened in OneDrive online

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
JulianoRamos
Frequent Visitor

Hi there

U have to open the image in chrome, firefox etc and then right click on the image and copy the image link. That link should work. Remember to set in onedrive that anyone with the link can edit the image
reguards

Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@reymard , @marcodea , @lbrewer 

Hi guys,

Seems like I found a solution, on how to display image URL from OneDrive in PB image viewer:

Go to your OneDrive folder and open your image in a browser or copy and paste a shared link to address bar and load the image.

Once loaded click on "View Original" and use that link from address bar instead 🙂

OneDrive Image URLOneDrive Image URL

Hope it helps!

Please mark the solution if it works!

Regards

Qbduvali

marcodea
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @reymard  I've the same problem.

The image shared some weeks ago work correctly, but latest not.

In my opinion, the issue depend from a different link  generated from One Drive; new link doesn't open directly the image but a viewer that does'tn work with Power Bi.

Example:

Old working link:

https://angelini365-my.sharepoint.com/personal/mdeangel_angelini_it/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?doc...

New link:

https://angelini365-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/mdeangel_angeli

Hi @marcodea,

Thank you for your answer, I feel less alone now 🙂

My links have this structure (one link per icon) : https://xxx-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/romain_eymard_syd_com_au/EcGaE13OdTdEtxLot-UFzHsBsZpsOV...

It looks like your new link format which doesn't work. Did you manage to find any workaround ?

Anyone know if there will be any release from OneDrive or Power BI soon in order to solve this issue ? It's very urgent for me and I don't have any workaround for now.

Hi @reymard It looks as we have the same issue.

Maybe changing the link format it could be used in Power BI. Waiting for some expert to give support.

At the moment I've solved using Google Drive to share some images.

I have the same issue. The URL has changed from what I previously used. In particular the "guest token" portion of the URL.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.