Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tebones
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unable to use Excel file from Sharepoint online

Hi, I am trying to access an excel file that resides in new sub-site in Sharepoint Online. Other olders sub-sites works as expected, but not this new one. I am owner for the site.

Using fiddler I get this response:

X-MSDAVEXT_Error: 917656; Access+denied.+Before+opening+files+in+this+location%2c+you+must+first+browse+to+the+web+site+and+select+the+option+to+login+automatically.

All my browsers are already set to log in automatically to my o365 account, and as mentioned this works for other older sites.

Pls advice.

Best regards

Trond Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tebones
Advocate II
Advocate II

I did find a solution. 

I made a change to the source settingns in BPI Desktop for the sharepoint in question, and that fixed the issue 🙂

Case closed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tebones
Advocate II
Advocate II

I did find a solution. 

I made a change to the source settingns in BPI Desktop for the sharepoint in question, and that fixed the issue 🙂

Case closed.

tebones
Advocate II
Advocate II

Some more details:

When I upload a new file to one of my old subsites I still cant access this new file from Power BI, but other files in the same folder in the same sub-site are accessable.

So this is strange.

Can it be related to this new "auto save" feature in the latest O365 update. (we are on build 1808 of the office applications)

BR
Trond E

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.