Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to upload pbit file to the power BI reporting server?

Hello All,

How to upload a pbit file  ( that has user parameters/prompts in it ) to power BI reporting services.

I am trying to upload a pbit (power BI templet ) file to power BI reporting services getting an error.

"An error has occurred.Uploading or saving files with pbit extension is not allowed. Contact your administrator if you have any questions."

Thanks in Advance...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, I'm afraid that you'd better have the further help in Power BI Report Server Item.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge you cannot upload PBIT files to the report server, PBIT are templates so in that way since they don't have any database attach you cannot upload it to PBI.

Are you also getting the error with PBIX files?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MFelix
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

PBIT files are template files these are used to create templates and don't have any "database" attach so you cannot upload them to the PBI service you can only upload PBIX files that will create a datasource on the web service.

Check the documentation on PBIT files.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Prior to the January 2019 PBIRS release we could upload .pbix files to the server.  We did it as a way to share files.  We can no longer do that.  Was that functionality taken away with the January 2019 release?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to upload .pbit file to  report server may 2019 and it is throwing an error "Uploading or saving files with .pbit extension is not allowed". But it was working fine with report server Aug 2018 release . Was that functionality taken away ? Kindly confirm.

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge you cannot upload PBIT files to the report server, PBIT are templates so in that way since they don't have any database attach you cannot upload it to PBI.

Are you also getting the error with PBIX files?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much..

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, I'm afraid that you'd better have the further help in Power BI Report Server Item.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.