cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewB2PowerBI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Unable to sort the Date Column in Descending order like I can in an Excel Pivot

Hello,

User/company preference is to have the Date field in the column and have it sorted in Descending order.

I am able to do this in an Excel Pivot and Google Docs Pivot, but I can't figure our how to do it in Power BI.

Screen shot below is how it appears in an Excel Pivot Asscending, preferred Descending and the default Power BI in Ascending order. The Question is, how can I change Power BI to Descending order.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 2.45.48 PM.pngPower BI default Ascending order that I want changed to Descending order.Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 2.42.33 PM.pngPivot Default Ascending order that I want changed to DescendingScreen Shot 2018-07-02 at 2.43.11 PM.pngPivot Date Descending order that I prefer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to sort the Date Column in Descending order like I can in an Excel Pivot

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to sort the Date Column in Descending order like I can in an Excel Pivot

Hi

You can sort in Data tab -> Select the column -> Right click on the column header -> Select descending/ asending sorting as you need. We can do the same in Query Editor too.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks
Raj

Frequent Visitor

THank you for the reply. I tried the following, but it still doesn't work.

"You can sort in Data tab -> Select the column -> Right click on the column header -> Select descending/ asending sorting as you need. We can do the same in Query Editor too."

Super User
Super User

Right click on the right top of the visualson the eclipse (...) symbol and do the sorting as needed from the options.

Thanks

Raj

Frequent Visitor

Can you send a screen shot, I dont know what you're referring to.

Super User
Super User

Sorting.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Yes, what I meant was that I did this and it didn't work. My date column still only sorts ascending.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User