Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rlgoodin

Unable to sign in to Power BI Desktop

I downloaded Power BI Desktop 32 bit, and when signing in, It doesn't like my personal email (Business), or my government email.  What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4
rlgoodin

I just downloaded 32b Power BI Desktop and it refuses to let me on with a personal email, or my state issued email address.  will I still be able to use it?  How?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi rlgoodin,

Please check if you have downloaded the lastest version and have used work/school mail.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I work for the state, and that email was not accepted, antway, I preffer using a personal email for this experimental, self learning activity.

Will my BI Desk software still work?

Hi rlgoodin,

Have you signed up a power bi account? If you have, please check if you can sign in power bi service using your account. If not, you should signed up a power bi account first.

In addtion, power BI requires that you use a work, or school, email address to sign up. You cannot sign up got Power BI using email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. This includes outlook.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com and others.

If you don't have a valid account, you can simply cancel the login panel and there's no effect on using power bi desktop. However, to use power bi service, you must have an account.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.