Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wicker4
Regular Visitor

Unable to sign in to ArcGIS on Power BI

I am unable to click on the sign in button on the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visual.  When I add the visual, I get the following.  However, nothing happens when I click on the sign in button.  It looks like the www.arcgis.com address is grayed out.  I was able to sign on a few weeks ago, and all I did was open the visual and click on the sign in button.  Now, I am unable to do so.  I am trying to log in just to the ArcGIS Online and not ArcGIS Enterprise.

PowerBI_ArcGIS.png   

On the map I created few weeks ago, my log in to ArcGIS must have expired.  I get the following when I click on the profile under ArcGIS for Power BI, but I am unable to click the profile picture or anywhere that allows me to resign on.  I am able to click the learn more button, but that just directs me to find out about ArcGIS products.

Power BI_ArcGISProfile.png

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could sign in to ArcGIS through Power BI?  I can create a map, just by dragging my information.   However, I am trying to create a report that I can later publish and I am unable to publish a report with a map unless I am signed on to ArcGIS through Power BI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wicker4 ,

The October version has been released, please check.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
neil37
Advocate I
Advocate I

I use the October Version 2.98.683.0 64-bit (.exe version) and I do the following steps about 1x week for non-published .pbix where I may be editing or doing a brief demo where maps are needed. 

1. Close PowerBI
  2. Clear the folders in the following locations: 
    • .exe version— %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop (for example, <user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop)
    • Microsoft Store version— C:\Users\<user>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App
  3. Delete the folder named CEF.
  4. Delete the folder named Cache.
  5. Restart the machine.
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, I'm having the same problem, it won't let me log in to my ArcGIS Enterprise account on desktop or web

So we still have the problem but I did manage to figure out it is 100% some of our enterprise secuirty software installed on our company computers that keeps interfeering with it. All attempts to clear the cache, etc, don't make a bit of difference. I flagged for my company but have taken to simply logging on to my company acounts from a different laptop in order to do the final posting. 

I have the same problem. I did what you did and used a non company laptop with my company account.

rloffinghs

I am having the same issue as described in the original post, however, my Power BI is up to date through 12/21/2021. I have tried restarting, reopening, etc. but it seems that this issue may be a bug. Please advise

shwetzash
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-jayw-msft please help us we are stranded 😞

wicker4
Regular Visitor

I can no longer log in to ArcGIS on any of my desktop Power BI files.  I can log in to ArcGIS in the online version of Power BI.  It is strange since I was able to log in fine on my desktop files until about a month and a half ago.

This solution worked for me:

1. Clear the folders in the following locations: 
    • .exe version— %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop (for example, <user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop)
  2. Delete the folder named CEF.
  3. Delete the folder named Cache.
  4. Restart the machine.

In the Store version there appears to be no folder named "CEF". Is this expected?

Thanks!! Neil. I did the 1,2, 4 but forgot step 3. So thanks for reminding me.  It works now.

@wicker4 I hope someone solves this issue soon. Its an important part of one of my projects. 

Try this after unhiding hidden folders: 

1. Clear the folders in the following locations: 
  2. Delete the folder named CEF.
  3. Delete the folder named Cache.
  4. Restart the machine.
shwetzash
Advocate I
Advocate I

Solution posted by @v-jayw-msft did not work for me either. Everything was working fine just week ago. 

shwetzash
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having the exact same issues as this. Anyone come up with a solution yet??

wicker4
Regular Visitor

I have the following Version: 2.97.921.0 64-bit (September 2021).  I was using the same version a few weeks ago and I did get a pop up when I clicked the sign in button.  Maybe I need to update to the October version?  When I go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494, all I see is the September version.  Do you know how I would download the October version?

Hi @wicker4 ,

The October version has been released, please check.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

THANK YOU!

Is anyone having this issue again right now? We had it in November, and with the December update it started working again. We went to update our map with new data this week and it is the exact same issue again. Tried all of the methods in this thread but no luck. 

We do use Zscaler, and another person I know had this issue and thought it was related to that, but we are just not sure.

Any thoughts would be very welcome!

Hi galmon,

I have the same issue

So here is an interesting update. By logging into my company account through my personal computer I was able to bypass enterprise software on the computer that might be messing with it and I was able to publish both visuals 3 weeks ago that use Arc for maps. Thought my problem was solved.

Fast forward to this morning with an update, and I come to discover while I can still publish one of the visuals, the other one the extension for Arc is blocked. Trying to determine what the difference in the files is that one would work and another would not. Did all the normal caceh clearing recs, but nothing helping so far. If anyone has ideas, I am all ears.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.