Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

numpy
Frequent Visitor

Unable to select details from two visuals in the third visual (OR filter)

Hi,

I have an issue in Power BI. I am not sure how to do this in power BI. I have data like below :

data.PNG
I have two scatter plot in my visual. one has data for Company Z and other has Company X, Y 

I want to

Above is sampleAbove is sample

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi numpy,

I'm afraid condition between built-in slicer chart is "AND", not "OR", as a workaround, you can create a condition column for your conditions.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi maty 

So your requirement is to achieve a scatter chart based on two slicers use or condition, right? To achieve this, you should write some dax formula to applying OR conditions between slicers in filter statement using function like UNION(), OR(), VALUES(), for more details, you may refer to blogs below:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-or-conditions-between-slicers-in-dax/

https://medium.com/seismic-data-science/changing-or-to-and-logic-for-power-bi-slicers-1a6b20aee5f5

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Friend,

Sorry for late reply.

Actaully I want to filter based on selection made in scatter plot itself.

For example I selected X company from scatter plot(top) and Y company from scatter plot (bottom) the third visual should have both details of Company X and Comapny Y in it.

I hope I could explain it well.

Hi numpy,

I'm afraid condition between built-in slicer chart is "AND", not "OR", as a workaround, you can create a condition column for your conditions.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao 

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI- 

You can add filters to the "Visial Level Filter" in the select visual 

Or you can write a calculate statement 

CALCULATE( sum(sales), Complany="X")

CALCULATE( sum(sales), or(Complany="X",Complany="Y"))

CALCULATE( sum(sales), or(Complany="Y")

The latter may be helpful if your intending to use these sperate companys in further equations and want to keep them seperate

Actually user want that it select company one from scatter plot 1 and competition from scatter plot 2.

And third visual would be comparison between both.

The decision of company selection is on user and hence would love to hear if it is possible to filter product based on scatter plot

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.