Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HeirsPowerBi
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to see my Datasets

Hello

I am trying to create a report using one of published datasets in powerbi service.

The problem i am having is that when i select Power BI Dataset as my Datasource i do not see any of my datasets.

and i am signed in to powerbi desktop with the same account that owns the datasets.

what am i doing wrong?

HeirsPowerBi_0-1654698940342.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeirsPowerBi ,

According to your description, I suggest you follow the below steps:

1.Clear the permissions in data source settings in Dekstop and clear the browser cache.

2.In Desktop, in the datasets list, choose a dataset and find it in the Service.

3.In Service, check if you can create report on the selected dataset. If can not, what's the error message.

vkalyjmsft_0-1655090611577.png

Additionally, see if this setting affect you: Control the use of datasets across workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HeirsPowerBi
Helper I
Helper I

Apologies for the very tardy response. this solved it for me thank you.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeirsPowerBi ,

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeirsPowerBi ,

According to your description, I suggest you follow the below steps:

1.Clear the permissions in data source settings in Dekstop and clear the browser cache.

2.In Desktop, in the datasets list, choose a dataset and find it in the Service.

3.In Service, check if you can create report on the selected dataset. If can not, what's the error message.

vkalyjmsft_0-1655090611577.png

Additionally, see if this setting affect you: Control the use of datasets across workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.