Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lt79_Pax
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to see Parameter under Filter Rows

Dear Power BI Representative,

I am trying to apply a custom filter for an incremental refresh within Power BI Desktop and I am not able to see the option for the parameter under the Filter Rows pop up.  How can this be enabled?  When I try to enter the RangeStart manually I receive the following error message:  Please advise.

Thank you.

lt79_Pax_1-1637597835835.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Syndicate_Admin,

Although creating filters and dynamic filters through DAX is important, I needed to understand how to create an incremental refresh through Power Query Editor. I was able to figure out why the configuration was not showing the third drop down.  I needed to configure the date field to date/time in order for the third pop-up allowing Parameter to initiate.  

Thank you anyways.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Many of those custom or dynamic filters can be solved through DAX, if you want you can explain more your problem and I can help you.

Best regards

Hi Syndicate_Admin,

Although creating filters and dynamic filters through DAX is important, I needed to understand how to create an incremental refresh through Power Query Editor. I was able to figure out why the configuration was not showing the third drop down.  I needed to configure the date field to date/time in order for the third pop-up allowing Parameter to initiate.  

Thank you anyways.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.