Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to save Synonyms for Q&A

Hi All,

I am working on implementing Q&A in a report. When I rename the columns and try to add a synonym the power bi does not allow me to save the synonyms. It is automatically deleting the new synonym I added. Also when I try to Question the Q&A then it does not even show the column name. An example I renamed an OFFICE column to Office and added the synonym Ofc. When I save the report the synonym is gone and next time I try that again the Power bi is not even allowing me to type. When a question Q&A to show Office/Ofc it does not detect any column name. I tried clearing the report cache as well under Options.

4 REPLIES 4
animartin88

September 2022, still the same problem. Sometimes I can check / uncheck the relevant tables and define synonyms.... sometimes not. Changes will be deleted randomly. Really annoying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just happened to me as well. It was working perfectly yesterday but this morning I spent almost 2 hours making changes and when I closed it, it didn't save. An intermittent bug perhaps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: It has now completely stopped working! It will not save any modifications via the Q&A setup interface.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

I didn't encounter this problem on my side, I was able to save the renamed columns and its synonym, Q&A could generate expected output. In your sceanrio, please have a look at this document, and update your desktop to the latest release for a try.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.