Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

edhans
Super User
Super User

Unable to remove filters from visual - filter in italics (July 2019 ver)

I have a matrix visual that I've added a number of filters to in the filter pane. 2 filters though are in italics, and the hide buttons are not available on them. I also cannot select them to drag them to another area. And both are repeats of filters that I already have. I started this report with the June desktop version and just noticed this problem yesterday after the July 2019 version downloaded. They both function as filters, but want to remove the redundancy.

I've already verified these two fields only exist 1 time in my model, Year in the Date table, and Customer Name in the Customers table. These are not different fields with the same name. What am I missing?

20190719 15_07_55-PBID Chargeback Analysis - Power BI Desktop.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@edhans 

You may take a look at Pass all filters in drillthrough.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@edhans 

You may take a look at Pass all filters in drillthrough.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ahh... you are correct. If you hover over the right hand side of it, it will tell you it comes through a drill-through. In testing the new filter pane over the past few months, I never noticed it did that with drill-throughs. Thanks!

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

edhans
Super User
Super User

There is definitely something wrong with filters here. If I drag the regular "Customer" name to the bottom of hte list below the redundant filters, it will put it above the the redundant filters, which I half expected. But then it will NOT let me move it back up. It is stuck down there. I had to close the file without saving to get that filter back to the top.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.