Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Modernstyle

Unable to refresh data

Hi guys looking for some help, I have tried customer support who gave up on me and told me to find help with one of their partners, theytell me they will ring back but very often do not.

After looking at the prices they are quoting, I thought its cheaper to fly them over from India first class and put them up in a 5star hotel for a week and still have change.

My system will only refresh a couple of my reports, seem to be stuck on the 13/08/2019.

I am a one man band who has no knowledge of power bi,so you can imagine there is not that much to i but its important to me.

It was my son who put it together and he passed away suddenly several weeks ago, so when they keep asking who did this i try to tell them but they no listen, .

Are they any companies/individuals who can repair/fix thsis without charging a kings ransom for doing it.

The error I get is Type mismatch. unable toconvert a value to the data type requested....etc

I am sure you bright must be laughingsaying what a numpty but if you don't knok then you don't know.

Thanks Derek

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Modernstyle,

I am deeply regret your encounter. You said you get error "Type mismatch. unable toconvert a value to the data type ". You need to make sure your column data match your column type. If you are calculating two columns , make sure they are additive(can calculate together). You also could refer to Power Pivot: unable to convert a value to the data type requested and this post for details.

In adition, if this don't work, please inform me more detailed information(such as your detailed error information and what operation did  you do when you get this error).

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.