Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Foram
Frequent Visitor

Unable to read one csv file.

I'm importing 2 csv files, but i can only read one at a time. While the other file shows blank records for all the columns.

Both the files have equal number of columns and the name of the columns are also same.

Can somebody help me out in this.

I'm stuck with this since a long time now.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jshutters
Resolver I
Resolver I

If I understand your situation, you have 2 similar csv files; one imports into Power BI but the second one doesn't load the data. My initial hunch is there might be corrupt data within the 2nd csv file. Does the 2nd file at least load the column headers? Do you get any error messages?

As a test, you might try deleting all rows in that 2nd csv file, except leave one row of data. Then try importing the file. If that works/loads, then try loading more rows of data. If it doesn't work, then try re-creating that 2nd file, or make a copy of the 1st file and replace its data and then try to re-import.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jshutters
Resolver I
Resolver I

If I understand your situation, you have 2 similar csv files; one imports into Power BI but the second one doesn't load the data. My initial hunch is there might be corrupt data within the 2nd csv file. Does the 2nd file at least load the column headers? Do you get any error messages?

As a test, you might try deleting all rows in that 2nd csv file, except leave one row of data. Then try importing the file. If that works/loads, then try loading more rows of data. If it doesn't work, then try re-creating that 2nd file, or make a copy of the 1st file and replace its data and then try to re-import.

This worked.

The problem was with my data actually, there were many blank rows so power bi was displaying blank records first.

So this is where i thought it ain't loading the second file but it was loading but showing all the blank records first.

Thank you for helping.

Hi,

I appreciate your response but i tried in the similar manner you asked for but still it didn't work.

Yes, i can see column headers but not the content within it.

Datatype is also  same for both the files.

May i know how to attach sample file here? So that i can upload and you can also test it.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Foram ,

You can share your sample files with hyperlink.

jpg.PNG

Best Regards,
Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.