Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to "Summarize as Sum" - It is greyed out and i can only select "Count"

Hi Team

I am looking to summarize a column and all of the values in the rows are numbers. I dont have the option to Summarize as Sum but only as "Count". Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

Are you sure the column is of type number and not text?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds wired, could you plesae send a sample file to have a test?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

Are you sure the column is of type number and not text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks - I was referring to the actual Data being numeric rather than in the data tab. I have now amended and this works - Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous,

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, could you please mark the reply as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant actually close it , i get the following message... "Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page. "

Hi @Anonymous,

You could try to clean up your browser cache and re-sign in the community to test if the answer could be marked.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors