Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Debnds

Unable to publish to power bi service "connection error"

Debnds_0-1603611196568.png

get this when try ro publish; can publish other reports to same workspace ok. Tried to publish to alternative workspace same error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Debnds 

In addition to NamishB's reply, please check whether you are able to refresh your dataset in desktop. If you couldn't and it shows you an error about receiving data from underlying data source, please clear permissions in data source settings and re-connect to the data source.

Then try it again.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Debnds

I've marked as accepted but in truth the issue seems to correct itself after 48 hours. I'm a bit worried it might happen again. I had tried most o the things suggested in replies. But thank you anyway

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Debnds 

In addition to NamishB's reply, please check whether you are able to refresh your dataset in desktop. If you couldn't and it shows you an error about receiving data from underlying data source, please clear permissions in data source settings and re-connect to the data source.

Then try it again.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Debnds - Sorry there is no direct way to check this, couple of things you can try are-

-is the underlying dataset as import or Direct query? whats the data source you using? SQL Server/ excel etc?

-Make sure you using the latest PBI Desktop version?

-Check Is dataset published to service? Try to Remove the whole dataset on Power BI service, then republish the pbix file to see if it works?

Last option i can think of is of server side (restart may be) and you need to log a request with Microsoft @https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.