Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pratikrane101
Frequent Visitor

Unable to publish an existing PowerBI report from PowerBI Desktop

I use directy query to get data for my powerbi charts.

Although I am seeing below message when I publish from PowerBI Desktop. and the report is not published on powerbi.com 

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pratikrane101
Frequent Visitor

The powerbi service had some issues. got resolved after I created a helpdesk ticket.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pratikrane101
Frequent Visitor

The powerbi service had some issues. got resolved after I created a helpdesk ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Please note that the solution was provided earlier and not sure why your issue is marked as resolved by yourself?
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @pratikrane101 

More information is required.

Similar issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Publishing-dataset-fails-and-destroys-live-pages/td-p/28737...

Please check your network, as sometimes when it doesn't establish a proper connection it might throw errors like these. I hope the server that you're using is not timed out or having any issues.

@Anonymous I see the below error dialog in powerbi service - datasets. Do you know how do I debug this?

Capture2.JPG

Hi @pratikrane101 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please let me know the details below.

It seems that you use direct query mode in power bi desktop to get data. What data source do you connect with?

In addition, do you have this issue for other reports or import mode?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pratikrane101 

Does this occur when you try to refresh?  Have you changed anything like report name, column names or deleted any content?

If it is, I would suggest you download the related report of this dataset, refresh it on the Power BI desktop to see if there is any error occurs. Also please go to Query Editor,  find if there is a invalid value in your table. 

Best is to raise a support ticket and they will be able to do an internal trace to resolve this issue. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.