Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RaghavendraSA
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to perform conditional formatting in bar graph

Hello
I have PowerBI Pro License and I am trying to put conditional formatting in the bar graph. I have created a measure for the color. However, I am not able to find three dots in the color section (which we used to pick conditional formatting rules) .. I am not sure what's the reason ?

I have latest version Power BI desktop and also tried to edit PowerBI Web version..

12 REPLIES 12
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RaghavendraSA ,

The link you showed is invalid. You may upload the sample pbix to OneDrive (you can find it in following location) and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Onedrive.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RaghavendraSA , there is fx sign near to color. But that you will only get when you are not using legend.

Data Color Fx Bar.png

Hello,

I am not sure how to share the screen-shot however I am not able to find that function .... I have the legends added but still don't see..

@RaghavendraSA , With legends you will not get that. Remove Legend/s and check. On the Text area there in option to upload an image. If not you can upload at onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Got it, its working. However, I need to represent my datawith legends. For ex Industry & Monthwise performance. Last 3 months Performance missing target in Red and Green color when meeting target. How should i represent my data without using legends ?

@RaghavendraSA , Once you more than one measure then also the option will go away. But you can hardcoded colors.

If you can use a matrix. Then You can use it from complex cases.

A measure like this with "Field values" option in condition formatting (But in Matrix)

color =
switch ( true(),
FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[commodity],"NA") ="commodity1" && sum('Table'[Value]) >500,"lightgreen",
FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[commodity],"NA") ="commodity2" && sum('Table'[Value]) >1000,"lightgreen",
// Add more conditions
"red"
)

Here is attached .. I am trying to split color bases on performance (Red, Yellow, Green) instead of using multiple colors based on Industry .. How should I reach with email id to share screen-shot?

@RaghavendraSA , Did not find any link or attachment.

I just want three color based on performance (Red, Green and Yellow).. I have created measure which gives color combinations.

@RaghavendraSA , I am still not able to access what you shared

Here is attached .. I am trying to split color bases on performance (Red, Yellow, Green) instead of using multiple colors based on Industry .. 

C:\Users\rsa2\OneDrive - DXC Production\Reports\1 - CBA\Reports\SCS\Monthly\2020\03_Mar 2020\Capture...  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.