Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to open a file because of a calendar date issue

All I understand is that I am not able a file that I used to open a few days ago. 

No it gives me this error and in order to investigate/modify my file, I need to open it. which is not possible (We tried several versions and we're not able). 

Anyone could help? 

---image.png

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2020-03-09T13:43:44.0355396Z

Local Time:
2020-03-09T09:43:44.0355396-04:00

Session ID:
92847068-8a48-460e-b783-8ca9aba64f12

Release:
February 2020

Product Version:
2.78.5740.1101 (20.02) (x64)

Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular.Model.SaveChanges(SaveOptions saveOptions)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeler.ModelManager.SaveChanges(String description)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeler.ModelManager.InternalTransaction.Commit(Boolean recalc)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.AsyncModelAuthoringService.ModelAuthoringTransaction.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<Commit>b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.ModelAuthoringExceptionHandler.AddModelChangeResultToExceptions(Action action, ModelChangeResult modelChangeResult)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.AsyncModelAuthoringService.ModelAuthoringTransaction.Commit(RecalcBehavior recalcBehavior)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ReportPreparer.<>c.<PerformRecalc>b__19_0(IExtendedModelChangeScope scope)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.AsyncModelAuthoringService.RunOutOfBandExtendedModelChange(Action`1 extendedModelChange, IAnalysisServicesDatabase analysisServicesDatabase, IModelManager modelManager, Boolean requireASDBToBeUnattached, IRefreshPolicyUpdater refreshPolicyUpdater)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesDatabaseLocal.RunOutOfBandExtendedModelChange(Action`1 extendedModelChange, IRefreshPolicyUpdater refreshPolicyUpdater)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ReportPreparer.PerformRecalc(Report report)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ReportPreparer.Prepare(Report report, PackageValidationResult mashupResult, IPowerBIWindowService windowService, String fileName, ILuciaFeatureSwitchProxy luciaFeatureSwitchProxy, Nullable`1 entryPoint, Version pbixFileVersion)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.PowerBIPackagingService.Open(FileStream fileStream, IPowerBIWindowService windowService, Nullable`1 entryPoint, PowerBIPackageOpenOptions options, ReportPreparerResult& prepareResult)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FileManager.<LoadFromPbix>d__20.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService.<>c__DisplayClass15_0`1.<<BlockUIAndRun>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService.WaitOnUIThreadForTaskCompletion(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService.BlockUIAndRun[T](Func`1 asyncMethod)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FileManager.OpenFile(IPowerBIWindowService windowService, IPbixFile fileToOpen, Nullable`1 entryPoint)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.TryOpenOrCreateReport(IUIHost uiHost, ISplashScreen splashScreen, IFileManager fileManager, IFileHistoryManager fileHistoryManager, String filePath, FileType fileType)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Main>b__1()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 (x64 fr-CA)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461808]

Peak Virtual Memory:
38.3 GB

Private Memory:
881 MB

Peak Working Set:
908 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
493fed8a-2467-47d6-96fa-424c80ca0fa0

Telemetry Enabled:
True

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

11 REPLIES 11
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please check the suggestions here.

If you still have problems, you can open a support ticket which is free for pro users.

Best Regards

Maggie

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Greg_Deckler 

Sure, @Anonymous thinking about this a little more, it seems that you used the CALENDAR function in DAX to create a date table perhaps? 

By chance, did you reference data in the CALENDAR function like maybe something like this:

Table = CALENDAR(MIN('FactTable'[Date]), MAX('FactTable'[Date]))

?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed @Greg_Deckler , This looks like one of the many dates formulas used in this project (out of my memory).

The challenge is that I am not even able to open the pbix file to confirm, check or correct... 

@Anonymous as @Greg_Deckler mentioned, seems like calendar function is using somethig that is returning the blank value, you need to figure out (recall your memory) which table date you used in calendar function and check outside power bi if that table is has a blank value in the date column which is used in calendar function, may be fix that record/data first and I believe that will solve the issue and you can take it from there.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yep @parry2k that's what I was thinking. So one question I have, I have to assume that this file is using Direct Query, correct?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @parry2k  & @Greg_Deckler . 

The file has an import type of connexion (SSRS & Spark). 

We receive an error from both the pbix file (when oppening) and the published dataset on the premium workspace (when refreshing). 

We'd like to find and apply a workaround to this date issue but we're not even able to open the file for read or modification... 

Hmm, OK, well if it is in the Service then you should be able to correct the blank values in the source(s) and do a refresh from the Service, that should in theory correct the problem. Then you would be able to download the PBIX. But, realize that this will be difficult without knowing exactly where to look in the source systems to find the change. You may be able to work with Microsoft support to help them look inside the PBIX and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Latest book!:

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous what is your data source?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sources are : Analysis Services (Cubes) and Databricks (Raw table). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.