Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to open PBIX due to M query error

I removed a dataset from the Service and need to republish it, however Desktop can't open the PBIX due to the following eror.

I've tried turning off options inside Desktop Options but with no success. Is there any way to get past this kind of error?

charliedata_0-1622574897806.png

3 REPLIES 3
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

A change or a modification has happened in your source that is feeds the query 'Product - Targets FY'. Please open a blank PBIX file connect to the same source and check.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying, @Fowmy 

I actually don't know what the source is - I need to look at the PBIX to find out. Is there a way to do that?

Hi @Anonymous 

I find similar posts might helpful, please check

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unable-to-convert-an-M-query-in-table-Dataset-Table-into-a/td-p/1550560

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Error-Unable-to-convert-an-M-query/td-p/1401998

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.