Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charu
Post Patron
Post Patron

Unable to obtain the list of items error in Visual/Page Level Filters

Dear Communtiy,

I couldn't figure out the root cause of the error from power BI desktop and also in power BI service.

When I search some value (which is already present in table), in the Filter pane(visual level,Page level filter) it's not filtering the data,it says the warning Unable to obtain the list of items

Warning.PNG

Really need the solution for this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The solution is we need to upgrade the version of database.

Find the below details,which I have received it from power BI support team.

Problem:  Search operation in the basic filtering is not working on few columns while using Direct query mode with oracle data source

Environment:  Power BI Desktop

Resolution: Power BI DQ only works for Oracle 12 or above. So installing the appropriate Oracle version resolved the issue. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Charu ,

You can try use Advanced filtering to allow you to select any value (if you know the name, use Contains) or  try using a slicer, it will list all of the values.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lid-msft 

In my case the Advanced Filter option won't help because user just want to get all the list which starts with 5115.

In power BI service : Even I tried the Advanced Filter option it throws the following error "There was a data source access error.Please contact the gateway administrator"

In Power BI Desktop : When I try the advanced Filter option it throws the following error "ora-00904 invalid identifier"

Thank you 

@v-lid-msft wrote:

Hi @Charu ,

You can try use Advanced filtering to allow you to select any value (if you know the name, use Contains) or  try using a slicer, it will list all of the values.

Best regards,

Hi @Charu ,

I am sorry that I cannot reproduce it on my side, are you use a DirectQuery Mode? Could you try the result of filter other field using basic or advanced filter?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Was there any solution found for this?  We are having the same issue, and our customers, the report consumers, are complaining.

The solution is we need to upgrade the version of database.

Find the below details,which I have received it from power BI support team.

Problem:  Search operation in the basic filtering is not working on few columns while using Direct query mode with oracle data source

Environment:  Power BI Desktop

Resolution: Power BI DQ only works for Oracle 12 or above. So installing the appropriate Oracle version resolved the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.