Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Asil
Frequent Visitor

Unable to move or resize visualizations in Power BI Desktop

I'm unable to move or resize the visualization I create in Power BI Desktop. They all have the same size and it is impossible to move them. I even reinstalled Power BI Desktop and tried it in a different laptop but without succes. Is this an known issue?

Thanks for reply. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We’ve just released a new version of PBI Designer that should address the issue with moving and resizing visuals. You can download it from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Alex.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We’ve just released a new version of PBI Designer that should address the issue with moving and resizing visuals. You can download it from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Alex.

Thank you very much Alex and Power BI team. It works for us. 

Mike_Meier
Regular Visitor

Is there any update from the Power BI Team regarding this annoying topic available?

As long as you are not be able to move or resize any visualizations, the tool is totally useless... just my two cents...

Cheers Mike

jhayes32

I cannot resize or move an image either and I am on version 2.25.4095.1301, which is the 2015-08-05 release.

I had installed on a Windows 2012 R2 server through a user account that was not the main administrator account and through the Windows store. I signed on through the main admin account and downloaded from https://powerbi.microsoft.com/downloads. I reran the install, in repair mode, and I can now resize and move the visualizations.

I've tried now with the local admin account without any success... deinstall it, install it, repair it - nothing works for me.

This is really annoying...

hd
Frequent Visitor

Again, like Mike_Meier I am stuck.

I'm guessing its a software bug so can with have it fixed and patched please????

I would like to get some feedback from the Power BI Team regarding this topic.

As I said before, at this state the tool is not usable for me...

Hey guys,

I fully understand how frustrating it is.

We haven't seen this issue in our lab so we need to figure a way to repro it. Would any of you be willing to allow us to debug it on your own desktop?

Same issue here. Feel free to reach out if I can help finding the cause. 

We just released an August update for PBI Desktop. Can you please try if still have this issue in the lates version?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/08/20/announcing-the-power-bi-desktop-august-update.asp...

Thanks,

Alex.

hd
Frequent Visitor

August update not fixed the issue for me sadly.

Are there any components that need to be installed along with Power BI Desktop that the resize function might use, that I might be missing?

I can confirm, that the August update not fixed the problem.

I still can not resize or move any visualizations.

If you experience this issue, can you please contact me directly at alexgor@microsoft.com so that we can work on the next steps of how to adress this issue. We really appriciate your help in making PBI Designer a better product!

Thanks,

Alex.

I am on version 2.25.4095.1301, also but on Windows 10..No problem in resizing graphs..

Konstantinos Ioannou
Mike_Meier
Regular Visitor

Is there any update on this?

It's pretty frustrating and for me not usable at this state...
hd
Frequent Visitor

same problem as Mike for me too:

Power BI Desktop version 2.25.4095.1301 on Windows 8.1

I am having no issues, I'm running on 8.1 / version 2.25.4095.554

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Is there a way to get version 2.25.4095.554?

As long as there isn't no fix available, I would work with an older version...

according to this, I'm on the July update

Interestingly... I haven't been prompted in my Desktop for any updates, and even digging around I wouldn't know I had to...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.