Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

it_russ
Frequent Visitor

Unable to get Visio visualization working in Power BI Dekstop

Hello,

I am able to add the Visio visualization within Power BI online service, link the URL to my onedrive and display the visio diagram without any issues.  When I do the same process in Power BI Desktop, I get a "Sign In" link after entering the URL for the diagram and after I click "Sign In" I enter my credentials but I receive a message "You can't get there from here" and cant get around it.  Is there some settings im missing in Power BI desktop that I need to change to allow this to work?

I've tried adding sharepoint and powerbi to my trusted zones in IE but that didnt resolve the issue.  We do use SSO here for our Office 365.

Version: 2.64.5285.741 64-bit (November 2018)

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Foton
Frequent Visitor

Same problem.

Hi All,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team: CRI 95999375. I will update the progress here.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm having the same issue. Do you happen to know if there's already a way to fix it? Thank you 🙂

Kind regards,

Marieke

Dear All,

This issue has been fixed. Please download and install the latest version of the Desktop.

visio-issue

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

My current version of desktop is Version: 2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (December 2018) and I still receive the same message and error.  Is there anything else I can provide to help troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks,

Russ

Hi Russ,

Can you share some snapshots? Please mask the sensitive parts first. 

Did you use the OneDrive for business

Best Regards,

Yes, it is OneDrive for Business.  Ive reinstalled Power BI desktop and rebuilt a new report and added the Visio addin again.  Another item I noticed was that it shows that I'm trying to use Chrome but I've uninstalled Chrome to see if that fixes the issue and it still shows the same message. I made sure my default browser was set to Edge or IE. So it seems like something is cached somewhere that needs to be cleared out.

SignIn.PNGSign In 2nd Prompt.PNG

Hi @it_russ,

As we can see from the error message, your organization policy has some restrictions. You can install the extension for Chrome to override it. Since you have uninstalled the Chrome, maybe you can clear the cache that can be found in this folder. It could be hidden.  "C:\Users\CurrentLoginUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop"

BTW, you may also need to install that extension for Edge or IE.

Best Regards,

Thank you Dale! I appreciate the update and help with the issue.

Regards, 

Russ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.