Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mathangi_S
Frequent Visitor

Unable to export underlying data after installing 2016 July update for the Desktop version

Hi Everyone,

I had recently installed the July 2016 update for Power BI Desktop and found something really weird happening - the export data feature doesn't seem to working.

On clicking the export data feature on any visual, the following error appears, as shown in the snapshot below:

Power BI Export Error.PNG

Has somebody else faced the same issue as me?

If yes, please let me know if there is a workaround for this, as I need this feature enabled for all my analysis purposes, asap.

4 REPLIES 4

@Mathangi_S I just read that there was an additional updated version put out on August 5th, so if you haven't downloaded the recent "fix" after that date, give it a try.

Otherwise as @KGrice suggests, you can revert back to an older version if you have the exe still in your downloads folder. (I have all these, so if you need a link to a onedrive for an older version - just let me know.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It will be great if you could share the onedrive location for both th August 5th and the earlier month's update!

Hi @Mathangi_S,

The updated version on Aug 5th is available on the link below. (2.37.4464.461)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=...

Earlier month's update is available on the link below. (2.37.4464.361)
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

After seeing other users having issues with the July release, I haven't upgraded yet. If it's something you need addressed immediately, you might try rolling back to the previous version and see if that works, assuming you're not relying on anything specific to the new release. The linked thread also has instructions for installing previous versions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.