Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to drill down Date in Chart

Hi guys, I'm struggling to drill down my chart using a date field (Data Faturamento in Image 1). I don't know why this is happening, since that field has the same format as other dates that allow me to drill down using Year/Quarter/Month/Days (image 2). I've already checked the formating in the "Edit Query" section and on the "Modeling". Besides that, I've searched for other questions on that but the solution was related to marking my table as table date (or something like that), which is not the case here, since it's a table with multiple fields. I'm only struggling on formating that specific column. What can I do to fix this? Thank you in advance!

Image 1                                                                               Image 2     

Image 1Image 1          Image1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous . I've found what the root cause is. I was using this field as a key to do a relationship with other date table. For some reason, when you establish a relationship using a date column, it will not show the drill down option in a chart. In my opinion that does not make any sens. Anyways, thank you for the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Asac_14
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous  from your screenshot I can see that Data faturamento isn't in date format. Can you try changing the data type to Date format from the modeling tab and try again you will get the Date hierarchy. Please accept this as solution if it solves your problem also give a Kudos 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Asac_14 . Thank you for replying. Actually this fields format is the same as the other dates. I took a print of the "modelling" format when I click on the Data Faturamento. Can this be a bug or something? It was working perfectly fine and suddenly this happened.

image 3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @Anonymous 

If it is suddenly stopped working then you can try to take same details in the new PBI file and check whether it is working there or not. If not try to change the date format and test once.

regards, 

Munna

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous . I've found what the root cause is. I was using this field as a key to do a relationship with other date table. For some reason, when you establish a relationship using a date column, it will not show the drill down option in a chart. In my opinion that does not make any sens. Anyways, thank you for the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Munna. I just loaded the same database into a new PBI and a calendar appeared on this specific field (just like it used to appear on my original PBI). The fact that I have not change anything related to this date column and it suddenly stopped working is so weird. Do you know what can be the problem? It is already format as date. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.