Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gpare98

Unable to download PBIX file

Good evening,

I am unable to download my report that I have created using the web service Power BI provides, I have researched and noticed that it can only be downloaded in the desktop app? I hope that is not true. If that is the case, Will I have to make the entire report again?

Also, I am unable to download the desktop app through the microsoft store, is there a seperate download link that won't take me to the store?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
mariussve1
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Its like @YukiK  says, there is some limitations on downloading reports from the service:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-export-to-pbix#limitations

Some of the limitations:

Limitations when downloading a report .pbix file

• If you create a report by using the Createbutton in the Power BI service, and it's based on a dataset in another workspace, you can't download it.
  • Reports created in Power BI Desktop must be published or uploaded to the Power BI service before you can download them.
  • If you create a report in the Power BI service, you have to save it before you can download it.
  • You can't download reports based on datasets that are imported from OneDrive for work or school.
  • You can't download reports based on local Excel or CSV files that were uploaded to Power BI.

this is only some of the limits.

Why do you need to download the report btw?

br

Marius

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes you cannot download the report created in the service. Maybe try copy all the visuals and paste them into Power BI desktop...?

I am unable to download the powerbi in desktop for some reason its not accepting my microsoft login... ugh is there another way to download powerbi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.