Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kealkil4
Frequent Visitor

Unable to display PNG Image in Card Visual in Power BI Desktop

I am trying to show a PNG Image from website "https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/flags-normal/flag-of-Ireland.png" in a Card Visual but nothing is being displayed.

This was working in earlier versions of PBI Desktop ... possibly up to mid-2021.

The website references are in an imported table, and the column is flagged with Data Category "Image URL".

What has changed? 

ANy help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoaoMarcelino
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Kealkil4 , how are you? 🙂

I tried your link on a blank PBI document and indeed that weblink doesn't work, even though it seems to work when I copy/past it to a browser.

So I googled for another weblink and I tried it and it works (on the left the previous and on the right a new one - https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.SmszPhs0S9BO5Z8Z-9SrqgHaDt?pid=ImgDet&rs=1)

JoaoMarcelino_0-1652455404740.png

Keep in mind that this is in a table and not a card...unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to make a web image work on a card. In that sense, what I usually do is (and by the way more dependable than trusting a link on the web, that might break): download the image and just place it on your card. Something like this:

JoaoMarcelino_1-1652455560817.png

An amazing source of free icons (you can choose different shapes, colors, etc) is for example Vector Icons and Stickers - PNG, SVG, EPS, PSD and CSS (flaticon.com)

There are many more, but I love this one!

Hope I was of assistance!
Cheers
Joao Marcelino

Ps- Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kealkil4 ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved?

Do you try to use @JoaoMarcelino 's image url? I think @JoaoMarcelino 's method is already very good.

If you could, please mark his reply as the solution.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

JoaoMarcelino
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Kealkil4 , how are you? 🙂

I tried your link on a blank PBI document and indeed that weblink doesn't work, even though it seems to work when I copy/past it to a browser.

So I googled for another weblink and I tried it and it works (on the left the previous and on the right a new one - https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.SmszPhs0S9BO5Z8Z-9SrqgHaDt?pid=ImgDet&rs=1)

JoaoMarcelino_0-1652455404740.png

Keep in mind that this is in a table and not a card...unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to make a web image work on a card. In that sense, what I usually do is (and by the way more dependable than trusting a link on the web, that might break): download the image and just place it on your card. Something like this:

JoaoMarcelino_1-1652455560817.png

An amazing source of free icons (you can choose different shapes, colors, etc) is for example Vector Icons and Stickers - PNG, SVG, EPS, PSD and CSS (flaticon.com)

There are many more, but I love this one!

Hope I was of assistance!
Cheers
Joao Marcelino

Ps- Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.