Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to disable composite model

I'm trying to publish a PBI report to a report server, but I keep getting the below error message: 

cbb4_0-1623172429556.png

All of the data sources in the report come from SQL via DirectQuery, but when I was originally designing the report I loaded Excel data so I could test how the data needed to be organized to get the visualizations that I wanted. Once I finished the design I deleted all Excel tables so I'm only left with DirectQuery. Here is the structure of my data model:

cbb4_1-1623172667596.png

The calendar and key measures table were created in PBI Desktop and each of the other tables are DirectQuery. I also have no M:M relationships. Based on this thread (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Unable-to-disable-Composite-models/idc-p/482033#M30066) I should be covered, but I'm still not able to publish to a report server. Any idea what is wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the issue is my Key Measures and Calendar table. I guess I didn't think of "import" as something created within PBI Desktop, but rather something imported from an outside source. I recreated the calendar table in SQL and deleted the Key Measure table and it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the issue is my Key Measures and Calendar table. I guess I didn't think of "import" as something created within PBI Desktop, but rather something imported from an outside source. I recreated the calendar table in SQL and deleted the Key Measure table and it worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.