cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbb4
Frequent Visitor

Unable to disable composite model

I'm trying to publish a PBI report to a report server, but I keep getting the below error message: 

cbb4_0-1623172429556.png

All of the data sources in the report come from SQL via DirectQuery, but when I was originally designing the report I loaded Excel data so I could test how the data needed to be organized to get the visualizations that I wanted. Once I finished the design I deleted all Excel tables so I'm only left with DirectQuery. Here is the structure of my data model:

cbb4_1-1623172667596.png

The calendar and key measures table were created in PBI Desktop and each of the other tables are DirectQuery. I also have no M:M relationships. Based on this thread (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Unable-to-disable-Composite-models/idc-p/482033#M30066) I should be covered, but I'm still not able to publish to a report server. Any idea what is wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cbb4
Frequent Visitor

It looks like the issue is my Key Measures and Calendar table. I guess I didn't think of "import" as something created within PBI Desktop, but rather something imported from an outside source. I recreated the calendar table in SQL and deleted the Key Measure table and it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for sharing😀

cbb4
Frequent Visitor

It looks like the issue is my Key Measures and Calendar table. I guess I didn't think of "import" as something created within PBI Desktop, but rather something imported from an outside source. I recreated the calendar table in SQL and deleted the Key Measure table and it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors