Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bhavsar08
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create relationship.

Dear Experts, i have two tables, one column contains unique id's and from another table one column contains unique + duplicate values and i wanted to create a relationship "one to many" as for one to many but I am not able to create one. i am getting error the cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship. i tried every possible outcome but had hard luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bhavsar08
Frequent Visitor

Hello Experts, 

the issue is resolved, i had smartsheet connected to PBIX and the issue was i wanted one to many relationship but in my first column there was text mentioned, and that caused the table not to convert to numbers, so i removed those and applied one to many relationships. so even i have duplicates in second column now i am able to create relationship.
Thanks All!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bhavsar08
Frequent Visitor

Hello Experts, 

the issue is resolved, i had smartsheet connected to PBIX and the issue was i wanted one to many relationship but in my first column there was text mentioned, and that caused the table not to convert to numbers, so i removed those and applied one to many relationships. so even i have duplicates in second column now i am able to create relationship.
Thanks All!

Cheers!

Hi @bhavsar08 ,

Glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. Please mark your own reply as the solution!

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bhavsar08 ,

The error is often caused with the relationship you are trying to create from a column in the "FROM" table to a column in the "TO" table. One of the columns must have unique product numbers. You need to make sure that one of the tables has a unique product number and then you won't have any issue.

vstephenmsft_0-1638524164084.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bhavsar08 , You can blank value on one side in the key column or duplicate value.

Blank and null is also not allowed check that

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.