Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deepak1

Unable to create column chart for this specific scenario in Power BI

Unable to create column chart for this specific scenario in Power BI. Am I missing something? 

Below is the sample data that I am having and I want column chart for the same in Power BI. Tried with following data set, but unable to do the same. Please look into this.

MonthTeamTierTickets Solved
JanAT115
  T212
 BT13
  T26
FebAT145
  T26
 BT14
  T28

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Deepak1,

not sure what specific scenario you're referring to, but if you want that data set to work for charting you need to fill in the blanks:

MonthTeamTierTickets Solved
JanAT115
JanAT212
JanBT13
JanBT26
FebAT145
FebAT26
FebBT14
FebBT28

Had no problem creating charts once it was like this in my PBI desktop.

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. But I want to achieve below behaviour in PowerBI. I tried by filling the blanks as suggested but it did not solve the problem. Via below data set structure, I am able to get column chart in Excel. Tried importing the same data set in Power BI, but failed. Can this be acquired?

TestImage.PNG

Thanks,
Deepak

Fill in the gaps then make a hierarchy between the month and the tier. You may need to play around with sort orders to get things in the exact order you have it, but it works for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.