Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aschuster

Unable to create a one to many relationship

Hi,

I have two PWBI desktop reports both using the same two source data sets and one is allowing a one-to-many relationship between the 2 files, while the other is not.  I can't determine why that would be the case.  I am using Requsition IDs as my primary and secondary key from both files to create the relationship and in the first file I have a line of code to remove any duplicates in the Req ID column to ensure that there are only unique values.  Any advice or tricks because PWBI will only let me use the Many to Many relationship which is not what I need.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aschuster ,

Please ensure the values are unique in the Req ID column. The  problem is usually caused by not unique values. And there is a blog you can reference. 

If it still don't work, can you please share the screshoot or the dummy file? Then we can help you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aschuster ,

Please ensure the values are unique in the Req ID column. The  problem is usually caused by not unique values. And there is a blog you can reference. 

If it still don't work, can you please share the screshoot or the dummy file? Then we can help you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi all,

I have Dim Table (used Distinct Function) and fact table When try to make a relationship between these 2 table , PowerBI Suggested only Many to many.

How to Fix this , there is no Duplicate in Dim_Table also I have used DISTINCT function

Please help on this

PowerBIDine_0-1712418058918.png

Dim Table

PowerBIDine_1-1712418058929.png

Fact Table

Anonymous
Not applicable

The remove duplicates has been hit and miss for me for whatever reason. But make sure you dont have any blank rows that may have been imported in without you knowing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.