Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to sharepoint document library

Hi,

I've been trying to get data from an excel file on a sharepoint site. I owe the site and I managed yesterday to get data from a list in this sharepoint, but when it comes to an excel file uploaded on a document library on this same sharepoint site, I get the following message:

Unable to Connect

We encountered an error while trying to connect.

Details: "We couldn't parse OData response result.  Error: The property 'ParentWebPath' does not exist on type 'SP.List'. Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type."

Any idea what the problem might be?

THX!!

PS: I enter the site as such: https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/teams/mysharepointsite

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx a lot Herbert,

this might be useful for the future indeed!! In the meantime, for some unknow reason, when I tried couple of times more the following day by using the 'get data/sharepoint list' method, it all of a sudden started to work, so my problem seems to be solved for now, but I'll surely keep you option in case this happens again...

Have a great day,

Ben

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx a lot Herbert,

this might be useful for the future indeed!! In the meantime, for some unknow reason, when I tried couple of times more the following day by using the 'get data/sharepoint list' method, it all of a sudden started to work, so my problem seems to be solved for now, but I'll surely keep you option in case this happens again...

Have a great day,

Ben

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Do you want to get data from an excel file on a sharepoint site? You can try the method introduced in following document.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-use-onedrive-business-links/

Unable to connect to sharepoint document library_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

wow, that is so simple and yet so powerful. I had been working on a local Excel File and wanted to put it on Sharepoint.

I basically just had to replace in my code

Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("local path"))

by

Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("sharepoint URL"))

Hello all;

I have tried to connect to a folder in SharePoint where I have some excel files. Below is the error message that i had. Would you please help troubleshoot this issue. 

Bad Gateway - SharePoint.jpg

Thanks;

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.