Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

desairajvijay
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect to get data from share point folder

I have been using Power BI for reporting. All the data sources are on the sharepoint site. I have linked sharepoint folder as a data source and I have been using combine binaries to combine my CSVs. However, I am suddenly getting this error while refreshing and getting new data from source. 

I am not able to load sharepoint folder anymore.

Details: "Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/sites/isteam/_api/web/lists/getbyid('76376090-3dae-438c-8247-5294888a5f3b')/RenderListDataAsStream' (500): Internal Server Error

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this same issue - with no solution. Does anyone have one?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @desairajvijay,

According to your description above, I just tested it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July 2017)), and I can connect to sharepoint folder as a data source and use combine binaries to combine the CSVs, and the refresh works all fine without any issue when there is new data from source side. Following is the M Query I used in the Advanced Editor:

let
    Source = SharePoint.Files("https://xxx.sharepoint.com/teams/yyy", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each Text.Contains([Folder Path], "Monthly Data")),
    #"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Transform File from Query1", each #"Transform File from Query1"([Content])),
    #"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name", "Source.Name"}),
    #"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name", "Transform File from Query1"}),
    #"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File from Query1", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File from Query1"(#"Sample File"))),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"Source.Name", type text}, {"ID", Int64.Type}, {"Sales", Int64.Type}, {"Category", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

I am not able to load sharepoint folder anymore.

Could you try deleting the data source credentials (File->Options and Settings->Data Source Settings->Clear Permission) and reconnect to see if it works. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank you for your response.  I tried "clear permission" but it did not work. I am attaching the screenshot of the process and error if you can help me with it. 

1.png2.png3.png

Since, it did not allow me to connect to sharepoint folder. I link the folder on my machine and later on I edited in the advace editor and changed it to SharePoint.Files("https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/xx/xx"). These worked and load all the files from SharePoint team site. However; when I filtered out the folder path for the particular files. I see one error at the end of all the Csvs. It is the same error which appears when I hit close & apply.  Screenshots are attached below. 

4.png

5.png6.png7.png

The last row in my data still displayes the above error. After I did combine binaries. Since all the required data were available. I did close and apply to check, and it gave me error shown as below.

8.png 

I have been doing the same procedure since past year. I never encountered such situation.

Thank you for the help. 

Best, 

Raj 

Thank you for your response.  I tried "clear permission" but it did not work. I am attaching the screenshot of the process and error if you can help me with it. 

1.png2.png3.png

Since, it did not allow me to connect to sharepoint folder. I link the folder on my machine and later on I edited in the advace editor and changed it to SharePoint.Files("https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/xx/xx"). These worked and load all the files from SharePoint team site. However; when I filtered out the folder path for the particular files. I see one error at the end of all the Csvs. It is the same error which appears when I hit close & apply.  Screenshots are attached below. 

4.png

5.png6.png7.png

The last row in my data still displayes the above error. After I did combine binaries. Since all the required data were available. I did close and apply to check, and it gave me error shown as below.

8.png 

I have been doing the same procedure since past year. I never encountered such situation.

Thank you for the help. 

Best, 

Raj 

Hi @desairajvijay,

I'm not sure why there is an error row in your query. It seems to be that there may be a corrupt file on the SharePoint side.

Have you tried removing the error row first, then doing the combine binaries to see if it works? Smiley Happy

re1.PNG

Regards

Thank you for the response. I tried "Remove Errors" before combining binaries. However; it gives me the same error right away in the edit queries page itself. 

I don't think there are any corrupt file on sharepoint as I can see all my files of the particular folder when I do filter rows with folder path. All files are displaying correctly but error on the last line. 

Hi @desairajvijay 

I am facing the same issue as you are. Did your issue got resolved and if yes please share the solution. 

Regards,

Ravi

Same issue, I tried company.sharepoint.com/subsitename .

anyone know if there is a resolution to this?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @desairajvijay 

I am facing the same issue as you are. Did your issue got resolved and if yes please share the solution. 

Regards,

Ravi

Hi @desairajvijay,

As I cannot reproduce this issue on my environment, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on it. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.