Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jean_77250
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect to Sharepoint Site with organizational credentials

Hello,

In PowerBi Desktop, I have signed in with my organizational credentials then tried to refresh the data and got the message "We're unable to connect. Please delete your credentials and try again later." 

So I deleted my credentials and can't enter them anymore. When I try to edit my credentials on Data Source Settings, I get the same message :

PwBi_Error_EditCredentials.JPG

The organizational account type isn't available on the left black menu. FYI, the data is stored in a Sharepoint site.

Thank you for your feedback. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

If the Sign In button doesn't display anything. Do the following:

File > Options and settings > Options >Security > Scroll down to "Authenication Browser" and check the "Use My default web browser"  It's a bug. Apparently resolved in the current release of Power BI (June 2022) but haven't used that version personally. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
willjoe2442
Helper I
Helper I

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Click OK to close the sync window.
Start Registry Editor.
Locate and select the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Common\SignIn.
Double-click the SignInOptions value.
In the Value Data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Exit Registry Editor.

Regards,

Will

AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

If the Sign In button doesn't display anything. Do the following:

File > Options and settings > Options >Security > Scroll down to "Authenication Browser" and check the "Use My default web browser"  It's a bug. Apparently resolved in the current release of Power BI (June 2022) but haven't used that version personally. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.