cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_sfrost
Resolver II
Resolver II

Unable to connect to SAP HANA - Connection Timeout Expired

Below error pops up when I try to connect to HANA.

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] Communication link failure;-10709 Connect failed (connect timeout expired)"

Tried searching in PBI and SAP community, but I haven't found any solution.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @_sfrost ,

Would you please try to update your power bi desktop to latest version? And please also try to configure a odbc driver for SAP HAHA  and try the odbc connection in power bi :https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000016610?

There is test connection at last steps when you create odbc driver. If it also doesn't work , it is the issue of SAP HAHA. I would suggest you create a post in its forumn.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @_sfrost ,

Are you using odbc connector? Would you please try to use SAP HANA for instead? You would need to install the SAP HANA ODBC driver on the machines that have Power BI Desktop. For more details,  please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-sap-hana

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

I am using the SAP HANA connector only, not ODBC. 

And yes, I have installed ODBC drivers as suggested in the above documentation, but that doesn't help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.