Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oanam
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to connect to Google Analytics

Hi,

I get this error script when trying to connect to Google analytics in PowerBi ->Get data.

oanam_1-1617961363321.png

oanam_0-1617961353889.png

I uninstalled, reinstalled PowerBI, cleared cache, placed as default browser Microsoft Edge and Google respectively, signed out of my account in PowerBi, restarted my laptop, but nothing improved. Please help?

Thank you,

Oana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
oanam
Helper I
Helper I

@v-luwang-msft UPDATE: Lucien, I managed to sign-in finally!

Maybe it helps others: I used my own mobile phone data and connected to my phone's hotspot. FINALLY the sign-in went through and I was able to put my password in. The problem is definitely related to the wifi connection/security at the place I am staying and  I still wouldn't know how to fix it if I only had this internet connection as a choice.

Many thanks for replying on my issue!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
oanam
Helper I
Helper I

@v-luwang-msft UPDATE: Lucien, I managed to sign-in finally!

Maybe it helps others: I used my own mobile phone data and connected to my phone's hotspot. FINALLY the sign-in went through and I was able to put my password in. The problem is definitely related to the wifi connection/security at the place I am staying and  I still wouldn't know how to fix it if I only had this internet connection as a choice.

Many thanks for replying on my issue!

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @oanam  ,

You could read the following article,wish it is helpful for you!

Google Login with Selenium: Solved

Best Regards

Lucien

Thank you Lucien,

I do think it is something related to security and IP but not sure how to make it work still. From the link you sent, I did set up the 2 step authenticator so that my device and (supposedly) IP address are recognised as secure. I also changed a few options on the security layer but still doesn't work. The selenium example on the link is for when logging in with Gmail to a browser but in my case, it is the PowerBi desktop app not website that generates the sign-in and I am not sure how to reproduce those steps. 

Would there be a way I could see something similar to the HTML code when the login gets generated by PowerBI ( picture below) and then force-in my login credentials?

oanam_0-1618471295463.png

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @oanam  ,

It may be  GA was blocked for security reasons.

You could try the solutions the following article mentioned,If the problem still actual-> open browser which controlled by selenium -> open StackOverflow site manually -> perform authorization with google manually Then when you run your code again with gmail authorization it should work fine.

[FIXED] This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you’re already...

Wish it is helpful for you!  

Best Regards

Lucien

Thank you Lucien,

I am waiting on a reply from IT but I don't think it's because GA is blocked - I can still access it and log in to Google Analytics. I went through the steps on the video and changed the privacy settings as mentioned, the above screenshot errors still appear.

Would you please expand on what you said with open browser with selenium? I am not familiar with this, is there a step-by-step article/video tutorial?

Thank you so much!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.